Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Regor
Greg

Fred Hall March 24

Yep, I've got the date on my calendar. It's been a LONG time since I've been to the show, the last time was when I built fishing boats and we took our product to the show.

Question to those who have been to the show in the last few years - do all the local vendors usually have booths there (including OEX)? It sure is nice to see all the products up close and personal without having to go from store to store.

Prices? If I'm in the market for some accessories, but not in a real hurry, is it worth waiting for the show?

Greg
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
wiseguy

Lots of local vendors are at the show, including OEX! Some awsome deals on accessories. If your not in a hurry, like you mentioned, I'd wait.
wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Maybe it was due to the economy but last year's Del Mar show was not very impressive compared to previous years.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Yep, I've got the date on my calendar. It's been a LONG time since I've been to the show, the last time was when I built fishing boats and we took our product to the show.

Question to those who have been to the show in the last few years - do all the local vendors usually have booths there (including OEX)? It sure is nice to see all the products up close and personal without having to go from store to store.

Prices? If I'm in the market for some accessories, but not in a real hurry, is it worth waiting for the show?

Greg
Yes to your questions. OEX will probably have a really big display going, they did last year. I thought they also had quite a bit of accessories with good prices. Last year I took in a great seminar by Jim Sammons about catching big fish on a Kayak, that was really informative. Some will say the show doesn't have what it use to and some of the prices are high, but there are great deals to be had if you look and keep an open mind.

Is the March 24th date for here in Del Mar? Usually the Long Beach show is at the beginning of March. I've wanted to make the journey north to see that one. I may see if my dad wants to head up there.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
mtnbykr2

The Fred Hall show is the bomb, save up for the occasion and be ready for a great day of drooling see ya there
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Regor
Greg

Long Beach
March 9th Wednesday 2:00 PM - 9:30 PM

March 10th Thursday 2:00 PM - 9:30 PM

March 11th Friday 2:00 PM - 9:30 PM

March 12th Saturday 10:00 AM - 9:30 PM

March 13th Sunday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

San Diego
March 24th Thursday 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM

March 25th Friday 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM

March 26th Saturday 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM

March 27th Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
Siebler

You can count on OEX being at ISE in Phoenix, Fred Hall Long Beach, and Fred Hall Del Mar this year. We should have our Large as usual Fred Hall display. ISE will be considerably smaller due to the drive.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
You can count on OEX being at ISE in Phoenix, Fred Hall Long Beach, and Fred Hall Del Mar this year. We should have our Large as usual Fred Hall display. ISE will be considerably smaller due to the drive.
I thought your display was much bigger last year than in years prior.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
ctrujillo

i go to the long beach show every year.i have to say that since they added the kayak section and seminars it really introduced my obsession with kayak fishing.alot of freindly info for the new kayak guys like myself.i did notice that there was not as much deals as previuos years but still got a good deal on a couple of new rods.i cant wait till this years show
ctrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
I thought your display was much bigger last year than in years prior.
Last year our booth at del mar was a little bit larger but not by much. The fact that we were on both sides of the Aisle made it appear much bigger than it was.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
zinkysd
Hobie Fishing Team

The Del Mar show is good to go to but the Long Beach show is a must see. It's about 4 or 5 times the size of the Del Mar show and every major manufacturer is there too.

Ken
Team Dana Point Jet Ski