Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
Freddy4130
Junior

Hobie Livewell Question

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I am in South Florida right now but I will be in SD after the first of the year. I fish from a Hobie Outback. I almost always fish live bait as it is readily available here. I simply use a bucket and a bubbler right now. I am seriously thinking about getting the Hobie Livewell but I have a few reservations and I thought you guys could help. I am concerned that I would still have to use a bucket to transport my bait from the bait shop to the kayak. We don't have bait barges here so we buy it from the bait stores. Would this be an issue in SD or would I be getting my live bait once I am shoved off anyway? It just seems impossible to take that livewell off the kayak, transport it full of water and bait and then reattach it to the yak. Any solutions?
Freddy4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

we catch most of our bait here and sometimes hit the barge for mini macs and sardines. but 90% of the time we catch it. if you hit up freshwater and buy crawdads or go to the river then you might buy a bunch of goldfish and have to transport them but thats about it.

also check out the vittles containers. i'm going to buy the biggest in the line up and make a live well for bass fishing. you might find a size you like.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Freddy4130
Junior

Thanks

Appreciate the advice. I like catching my bait as well. I also like building my own stuff and saving money but that Hobie well is so clean. I may build one to hold me over until I move to SD and then buy the HObie one once I get there. Look forward to meeting some of you guys and catching some different types of fish on the other coast.
Freddy4130 is offline   Reply With Quote