Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
Rjbeckz
Junior

PA 12 vs PA 14 ?

Thinking about getting a PA and was wondering if anyone has some input on the pro's and con's on on the 12 vs 14 ?
Rjbeckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
roadx

ask me in a couple weeks, picking up the 12 tomorrow
i cant give you a comparison on the 14 vs 12 but i can for the outback vs 12 soon
Old 06-16-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
Chief Gunner

I was going to get a 12 but got the 14 instead after looking at both. I've had my PA for a month now and I am satisfied with it & Love it.

I went with the 14 because I am not a small guy (6"2 235lb) like anything else it's compromises....I tend to carry allot of gear with me these days so the capacity is great.

I may not be one of the fastest guys on the water anymore but I like to think I'm well equiped and prepared for things.

I really dig the adjustable seat on the 12 and hope they eventually offer a version that will work on the 14.

After paddling a Tarpon 160i for a year it's great to be able to stretch out and stand up. The 14 is like riding in a big beach chair.

Either way you go (12 or 14) you will Love it.
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
RockyRaab

I bought my PA14 about three weeks before they announced the 12. Looking at the details of both, I think I'd still have gone with the 14. More storage is the main reason. Why accept less for the same money? Even the weight isn't that much different - and I have no trouble getting my 14 atop my Durango.

My major improvements were a through-hull transducer and the simple seat riser mod in a nearby thread (also in the Innovations stickie.)
RockyRaab is offline   Reply With Quote