Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
TheCuban1040
Junior

Custom Magnet Transducer Mount

Hey all!

I saw some recent posts about a magnetic transducer mount and figured it wouldn't be too hard to make one myself.

I used a scrap piece of stainless bracket to mount the magnets and transducer together. I then Gooped three more magnets inside the hull. These magnets are STRONG, so they hold super steady. To be safe I put a small strip of goop on the boat on the trailing side of the magnets to create some friction to help prevent the transducer magnets from sliding around.

It took a little bending and flexing to get it to point straight down, but I have taken it out a couple times and it works great! It does catch a little bit of loose eel grass and kelp, but it doesn't seem to effect the FF readings. Plus, it's easily within reach so I can pull it off and clean it if I ever need to.

All the parts needed are no more than $15-20 on Amazon. If you are looking for a really easy and cheap way to mount your transducer, give it a try!

Link for magnets I used

--
Luis
TheCuban1040 is offline   Reply With Quote