Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #1
Amish Ed

Island White Smorgasbord, 2-10-14

Landwhale and I launched at 5:45am to a light South wind. It was pretty cool, but not bad. Decided to only where a shirt and splash jacket, and my workout pants. Water was 59º and change all morning and pretty clear considering the recent rains. Not too long after getting out there the wind turned offshore. It got real cold too. I had to tuck into the lea a couple of times just to warm up (should've worn the fleece top under the jacket).

Got out to the Island and on the third cast I had some kind of a wierd misfire and CFed one of my setups. Steve offered me one of his extra setups which I used briefly for one small Calico. The next couple hours was a slow steady pick with a little bit of everything thrown in. I finished with 1 bass, 1 WSB, 2 very chunky Sculpin, and 4 Lizards. The last hour + was good for a few bites and that was it. We were cold and it was slow, so we called it a day at about 9:30.

Hot bait today was a 4" Key Lime Flurry on a gold flake lead head. It caught everything but the Calico which I got on Steve's Slayer jig in white and orange. Hot Sauce was used to add a bit of flavor. After the Key Lime stopped working I tried almost every color in my Flurry box for just a few bites.