Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
YakDout
Brandon

Punta abreojos

Headed down with my girlfriends family second week in aug. Never been, but he has a house down there. Plan on brining my 2 yaks and a couple spearguns. Anyone ever been?
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
taggermike

Abreojos has great fishing and surfing, cool people and beauty. I've been going there off and on for 25 years. Most for the fishing I have done there has been in Coyote estero south of town. Also surf fished a bit all over the area. Never speared there. Abreojos gets most of its swelll and wind in the summer and the few times I did try to snorkle from the shore it was surgey with horible vis. The estuary is also not too clear in the summer, about like the back of mission bay. Maybe off the shore a bit the water would clear up. The prevailing winds in the day just howl off shore. Great for surfing but kinda dicey for a kayak. The estero is made up of windy and fairly sheltered mangrove lined channels and is great in a small skiff or kayak. Lots of spotted bass, corvina, smaller halibut, corbina, yellowfin croaker and broom tail grouper. Other less common but still catchable fish are trigger fish, spade fish, sierra, saltwAter catfish, snapper and snook. Take a gun but include A few rods too. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
YakDout
Brandon

Thanks for all the info. I'm sure the people I'm going with will no doubt know where that is. And I definitely plan on bringing a nice arsenal of rods.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote