Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
JeffB

Lost Lake

I've been itching to get out and to do a little LMB fishing. So over the last few weeks I've been watching the lake reports for the water temp. All the lakes have finally warmed up for spawning season. There are a couple higher elevated lakes that are in Pre-spawn, and a couple that are just about spawned out. I went out to some ponds / lakes out by my house this morning. I barely missed the spawn. All the fish are in the post-spawn mode. Ethernet bigger fish I caught were all beat up and skinny and caught a few smaller ones in pretty nice shape. Jigs, spinnerbaits, and drop shot was my weapon of choice today. The jigs produced the bigger fish. I had a few decent sized ones, but o monsters. Biggest was a little over 4lbs guessing, would have went an easy 5 1/2lbs if I would have caught her prior to spawning out. I had a couple that were around 3- 3 1/2bs. I took a pick of one, but there was no one around when I caught my bigger one.

I plan on going to one of my other favorite lakes next week and renting a boat. They should be moving back up onto the beds this week. The water temp is about right. Short report, but I hope you enjoyed. Look forward to seeing everyone at the tournament Sat. There is about 15 people rogered up so far. See you then.
Attached Images

Last edited by JeffB; 03-10-2013 at 05:21 PM.
JeffB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
roadx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
I've been itching to get out and to do a little LMB fishing. So over the last few weeks I've been watching the lake reports for the water temp. All the lakes have finally warmed up for spawning season. There are a couple higher elevated lakes that are in Pre-spawn, and a couple that are just about spawned out. I went out to some ponds / lakes out by my house this morning. I barely missed the spawn. All the fish are in the post-spawn mode. Ethernet bigger fish I caught were all beat up and skinny and caught a few smaller ones in pretty nice shape. Jigs, spinnerbaits, and drop shot was my weapon of choice today. The jigs produced the bigger fish. I had a few decent sized ones, but o monsters. Biggest was a little over 4lbs guessing, would have went an easy 5 1/2lbs if I would have caught her prior to spawning out. I had a couple there's around 3- 3 1/2bs. I took a pick of one, but there was no one around when I caught my bigger one.

I plan on going to one of my other favorite lakes next week and renting a boat. They should be moving back up onto the beds this week. The water temp is about right. Short report, but I hope you enjoyed. Look forward to seeing everyone at the tournament Sat. There is about 15 people rogered up so far. See you then.
if you want to split a boat for half day friday at a local lake (jennings??) im up? other wise, guess i'll see you saturday
Old 03-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
blitzburgh

Nice!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Sully1

Nice looking bass, that's bigger than many of it's salty bretheren I've seen.