Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Ggiannig89

HOOPING TONIGHT? 12/13/12

hey guys i want to get some hooping in soon. i was wondering if any of u guys out there think it would be a good idea to hoop sd bay with the king tides going on? i know the bugs like to crawl with this weather but dont know how they do with these big tide swings. is it worth the paddling? thanks
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Baja_Traveler

Well I can guarantee one thing - you have no chance of getting anything sitting on the couch - except maybe hemorrhoids...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Ggiannig89

TRUE. im thinking ill be going out either tonight or tomorrow. will post a report to let every body know
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Deamon

Gg,

My toughest hooping this year were during strong incoming tides on the deep edge in SD Bay's channel. I've lost a total of (4) traps this season when my bouys either sunk out or the traps literally floated away...Seems to me the ProMar nets are lighter than Squidco's volcanos...lost two brand new P's in one night. They drifted off as soon as they hit the bottom...I was chasing the Promar's the entire big tide. Not fun at all.

Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
Ggiannig89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Gg,

My toughest hooping this year were during strong incoming tides on the deep edge in SD Bay's channel. I've lost a total of (4) traps this season when my bouys either sunk out or the traps literally floated away...Seems to me the ProMar nets are lighter than Squidco's volcanos...lost two brand new P's in one night. They drifted off as soon as they hit the bottom...I was chasing the Promar's the entire big tide. Not fun at all.

Jim
Thanks deamon, appreciate the heads up. I'm thinking I'll try tomorrow and maybe stay in a little bit shallower water. If the tide is really ripping I'll just paddle around and hoop another day.