Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
MrPatrick

Birds on the bay

Went to the big bay today and the birds are in full force. There were Scaups, cormerants, Buffleheads, Egrets, Heron and many others. If you like to bird as well as fish, now is the time. It's pretty funny watching a fat Scaup try to take off from the water.

Oh yeah, caught over a dozen bass. The hot lure was the Tiki Monkey.

And to liven it up for Dorado50, the entire bay caught fire! I was forced to paddle my kayak down 50' deep and dig a hole to China so the water would drain out. This extinguished the fire. I was able to put my wheels under my kayak and chose three legal Halibut on my way out. I also found out that the area by the 10th Ave. Terminal where I've snagged the bottom, isn't rocks, it is a stack of gold bars. You don't have to worry snags any more, I took care of them.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
walrus

He ha! I love adventures in the big bay. Thanks I enjoyed that one.
walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
ctfphoto

The last time I snagged the bottom in the bay, I went to break of my line and it wouldn't break, only lift , huh??????

Ending up with a huge home made rod iron hoop net with my tackle from two poles entwined in it.
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote