Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Daltontribe
Surf Launch Roll Tester

New to Cali

Hello all,
I'm new to Cali, have kayak fished in North Idaho, Washington Lakes and Coast.
I live in Vista and was wondering if fishing in Oceanside Harbor or outside the harbor is good, and outside of that where is good fishing in So Cal. I have read the forum pages and picked up that La Jolla is good, anywhere else? I'm not sure where to really go or launch. Haven't caught spectacularly sized fish either so I'm not sure my gear is up to par? So what would be recommended?

Daniel
Daltontribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
echo1er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltontribe View Post
Hello all,
I'm new to Cali, have kayak fished in North Idaho, Washington Lakes and Coast.
I live in Vista and was wondering if fishing in Oceanside Harbor or outside the harbor is good, and outside of that where is good fishing in So Cal. I have read the forum pages and picked up that La Jolla is good, anywhere else? I'm not sure where to really go or launch. Haven't caught spectacularly sized fish either so I'm not sure my gear is up to par? So what would be recommended?

Daniel
Welcome to BWE! Fishing the ocean is a big difference. I fished Oceanside its a hit or miss for this month. There is a AR out there some yakers catch sand bass to halibut. If your going to hit up LJ I would practice surf launch before taking out all your gear. Dana Point, Mission Bay and NewPort harbor or other spots members kayak at. As gear make sure everything is salt water related as rod and reel. I would recommended fish Oceanside Harbor first before going out to the BLUE. Other gear needed radio, PDF, Oh chit pump and camera.

Lets see some pictures of your kayak.
echo1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
SoCalCJ

Just don't hit Oside harbor this weekend / it's going to be a zoo (probably closed) with the Ironman in town.
SoCalCJ is offline   Reply With Quote