Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
rogersmith

storm wildeye type lures?

The "spinning vs. conventional" thread got me thinking about east coast / west coast differences. Coming from NJ, the storm wildeye soft plastic swimbaits with the internal lead head were all the rage. When I came out here, I found hand poured baits with jig heads to be the standard. And of course I know they fish very well, and the color selection allows you to imitate "critter" colors like the orange and brown very well that most factory swimbaits don't seem to offer. Plus the wildeyes seem to better imitate a "chunkier" body type, like shad, bunker or herring. Any other reasons they didn't catch on here?

That said, I just saw storm has put out some narrow profile internal lead head swimbaits in anchovy and sardine that must work well here. [picture of sardine below] anyone use them with success? I ordered some 4" and 5" and will be glad to report back.

Happy New Year everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sardine%20Hero.jpg (27.9 KB, 130 views)
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote