Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
Fishanywhere
Junior

Outback handles all conditions

I purchased an Outback in January and have put it through its paces since. The mirage drive and rudder are stock and I can easily maintain 3.5 mph on the GPS for extended periods. It tops out at about 6 mph on the flats, but that is a sprint. I have added a couple of pics.

I do quite a bit of trout a salmon fishing so I attached a scotty 1050 downrigger on the livewell, along with a Humminbird 597 CI HD DI combo, rocket launchers, and a scotty flushmount for various attachments. I also wired the mast receiver for 12 volts and installed a running light to illuminate the cockpit at night. I have had it in the wind several times and it tracks easliy with the stock rudder.
It is a little slappy because of the width, but that is also what makes it so stable. I have only stood on it in ideal conditions, but it can be done and makes for better sight fishing. You will stay drier than most kayaks just because you peddle, if for no other reason. the bow does a better than average job of directing spray to the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobslayer View Post
Thanks for all the input...just waiting for the right deal now. I'm over dragging around my 16' tarpon through my parents booby trapped garage at 4am alone in the dark. I'm leaning towards the outback because of size and stability. If the outback has turbo fins is it similar as far as speed to the revo? How is it in the wind? Wet, slappy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of Yak1.jpg (58.2 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120126_191108 copy.jpg (36.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120213_141835 copy.jpg (40.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20121013_140027.jpg (51.5 KB, 89 views)
Fishanywhere is offline   Reply With Quote