Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
ccacher1

Rookie...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hello as I am new to the site and somewhat new to kayak fishing. Firstly, I must say everyone on this forum seems a lot more friendly and helpful than other fishing forums I've read through. That being said, I've been taking my tiny little 8' yak board to the kelp beds south of Fletcher Cove (Solana beach area) for the past year. Basically just fishing for Calicos. Last time I went out I got trashed coming in and flipped over the front of my yak. It was then that I started thinking about fishing other locations. I also finally decided that it was time to upgrade so I pulled the trigger on a new Malibu Stealth 9 from kayakfishingsupplies.com and am picking it up this weekend at OEX. I'd love to go with a bigger kayak but unfortunately I don't have a ton of storage space. So I figured this was my best option for now. Anyways, that's my story and I look forward to learning more about kayak fishing from you guys.
ccacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
RobFish
Massive Member

Welcome.
Great to add another kayak angler to the community.
What other websites? BWE is the ONLY kayak site. OEX/KFS is the only store.
Lots of places to choose from. You've already got some experience on the water, so you'll have a minimal learning curve going to the S9. Great little kayak, as I've got one as well. Plenty wide, pretty stable, and easy to store.
Either of the bays are fun, and you've got LJ even closer than that.
RobFish
Old 05-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
jorluivil

Welcome.
I'm sure you'll find more than enough yakkers to fish with on this site.

When I first started I didn't know anyone on this site, now I fish on a regular basis with the same guys and occasionally fish with guys from other counties. If a yakker named Stinkymatt or Ful-rac ask you to join them please stay away......they're nothing but trouble

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
ccacher1

Thanks RobFish. Pretty much referring to a lot of bass fishing sites I've scrolled through as I used to bass fish Texas (went to school out there). I'm glad to hear you like your stealth 9 as I was a little hesitant but I think it's going to be a solid purchase. Definitely looking to hit up a Bay for halibut or LJ to just get my feet wet in a new area. From what I've heard kayak launching in front of the Shores is usually pretty doable. I'm not trying to flip head over heals again for at least another 2 months...
Old 05-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
ccacher1

Thanks Jorluivil. Ya it'd be a welcome change to fish with some other people. Haha I'll do my best to steer clear of trouble.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
JarrodMc

Welcome to the crew. Look forward to seeing you on the water some day.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
ccacher1

Thanks JarrodMc
Old 05-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
MrPatrick

Hey Coacher, come by Bass and Brew 2013 and meet new people. I'm sure a lot of the attendees are looking forward to putting names to faces.
Always post when you are going out to fish. It may take ten posts before someone says they want to fish that area, that day. I've only met one kayak angler that was rude that I approached on the water to say "Hi" to. I live in your area and try to fish as much as I can. Maybe we can head out someday.

Patrick
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote