Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
EricM
Junior

Kayak for lakes...

Hey guys,

I sold my kayak close to 6 months ago because money was short and I had gotten a smaller car. Looking back, it was a mistake, but has given me the chance to upgrade. Since I sold it, I converted back to my freshwater roots and am looking for a new yak.

I read about the new Malibu Sierra 10 sit in kayak and instantly was interested in it. How difficult is it to fish from a sit in kayak? I know they don't offer the drainage or ease of getting in/out as a sit on top kayak, but that won't be an issue with me. Is there any major drawbacks to fishing from a sit in, such as interfering with casting and comfortability? Also, I mentioned that I have a smaller car (2 door Ford Focus) so the size of the kayak with allow for easy transportability as well as letting me get into some tight spots to fish.

http://www.malibukayaks.com/kayak_Sierra-10.asp

I plan on checking one out at the Fred Hall show coming up, but just wanted to get some input on sit in kayaks in general before I buy one. If I don't end up getting a Sierra, I think I will go with a Mini X, seems to be popular with many. So, whats your guys advice for me?

Thanks

Eric
EricM is offline   Reply With Quote