Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

Quick Bay Trip

Well today was a day of firsts for me. First trip of 2012, and first launch of my new Kayak. Originally planned to load and be on the water by 6:30, well that was delayed a little. Loaded and out of the house by 7:30

Headed to Tidelands and got ready for launch. No that is not a wall behind the Kayak that is the FOG that was set in.

The fog burned off at about 10 so I decided to move around a little more. The lizard fish were tapping but I wasn't playing with them. I moved out to deeper water and started long lining my way toward the bridge. First drop picked up this guy.

next drop I picked up this guy

I made about 6 more drops and drifted on through the bridge but nothing was hitting at that time. Then all the rich boat owners started having some parade just south of the bridge so I decided to call it a day at about 12:00. I had a great time for my first time out on the new Kayak, and broke the ice with a bass and Sculpin. Looking forward to hitting the water a little longer next time.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Last edited by Jimmyz123; 01-02-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
dorado50

Sounds like quite the adventure with the fog and all those damn powerboats out there! Bummer about that! Maybe all the kayakers could ban together and rid SD bay of all powerboats and be a kayak only bay,that would be cool. Mighty fine fish you caught however...
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Sounds like quite the adventure with the fog and all those damn powerboats out there! Bummer about that! Maybe all the kayakers could ban together and rid SD bay of all powerboats and be a kayak only bay,that would be cool. Mighty fine fish you caught however...
Ty sir. It was great to get back out.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 01-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
blitzburgh

Congrats on the successful maiden voyage!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
mtnbykr2

Congrats on the maiden voyage, sounds like a good time, I am starting to get a trip down your way in two weeks, either DP or SI, I will let you know...
Heard the soup was thick down there, heard all kind of radio chatter about it yesterday...the fog was so thick on the way yesterday had to slow to like 30 mph on the freeway, but the water was good...lots of butts, none for me though, great day OTW
Old 01-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
Congrats on the maiden voyage, sounds like a good time, I am starting to get a trip down your way in two weeks, either DP or SI, I will let you know...
Heard the soup was thick down there, heard all kind of radio chatter about it yesterday...the fog was so thick on the way yesterday had to slow to like 30 mph on the freeway, but the water was good...lots of butts, none for me though, great day OTW
Keep me posted, I'll be glad to join you all. I have some nice Hali spots in the bay to show you all when you come down.

God Bless,
JimmyZ