Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
ASUNCION #3 2015

Ross needs a turkey for Thanksgiving. We will leave 21-22-or 23 NOVEMBER to deliver said turkey and again fish Asuncion for the Holidays. This time for the full moon. Expect BIG tails and Calico's and hope Ross has left some for us. Expect to return home on the 3rd of December. This has been a good trip the last two years and I would expect the same this year. Nice weather and good fishing. If the water temps are still up this could be an epic year. Might be the last time we see these conditions for years. Depending on how many want to come expect to stay at San Roque, a house in town or with Ross. This trip might fill fast so ALL ABOARD.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:49 AM   #2
Deamon

I have a friend (see photo of friend below)...who would love to go...he will bring bottles of maple syrup (this year's batch!)...to everyone on this trip...some call him Stinky...Stinky is offering to hold a seminar...down in Asuncion...on a fishing topic that he has come to master...who cares if he is on the other side of the country...his info can crossover, no problem...he calls his seminar..."Sight Fishing Bream on Spawning Beds" No pushing people...there's plenty of room...while the seminar is going on...I will be fishing with Rossman...on all of his favorite spots...for big yellowtail...because Rossman won't let me down...he knows I will have driven a very long way...and I will have brought him tackle, food, etc...and this stuff costs money...but this stuff will all be Rossman's...for very big fish...with big yellow tails...Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Icy Face.jpg (50.9 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by Deamon; 03-16-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Nice, to see Matt again on this coast. Asuncion and Abreojos are about 50-60 miles apart, that is two GREAT fisheries that could be fished for Thanksgiving.

So Jim are you and Matt attending as a "couple" or what? You want to make it official and have me add you and Matt to the guest list for Thanksgiving dinner with Ross in Asuncion? Still room on this trip guys.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 03-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #4
EastLosYaker

I am down for this trip for sure. Only thing is that I would have to be home by the 29th. I'd just head home a few days early. Sign me up Bob! Can't wait to fish with the man we all hope to be like one day...the infamous Rossman!
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Need incentive anyone? Caught this morning. 50 inches. 47.8 lbs. New PB for me. Kicked my ass!. I want nothing to do with a 50 pounder. I'll try to post some more pics early tomorrow morning. Data speed tends to be a bit faster at 4 in the morning

P1000078.jpg
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

AWESOME CATCH

Congrats Ross!!!!!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 03-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #7
Deamon

There's even a shitter at the the launch! I'm packing. Way to go Rossman. Leave some for us...Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:14 PM   #8
cabojohn
PROBATION

This trip looks very doable.
Please save room for another vehicle in the baja express caravan to Asuncion. Looks like two possibly three in our truck.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:34 PM   #9
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabojohn View Post
This trip looks very doable.
Please save room for another vehicle in the baja express caravan to Asuncion. Looks like two possibly three in our truck.
So here is the info so far. We do not have a limit on trucks or people. Starting with Cabojohn plus Zed and Cabo-Lea, then Deamon, maybe Stinky Matt, next comes EastLosYaker and Baja_Traveler. Anyone else want to join us for Thanksgiving? This is peak fishing time in the area.

REMEMBER we are giving thanks to Ross so pm him and see what things he is short of. Tight lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 03-16-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #10
StinkyMatt

47 pound YT.

Holy Cow...I mean. PIG

"We gonna need a bigger boat....."
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:11 PM   #11
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
47 pound YT.

Holy Cow...I mean. PIG

"We gonna need a bigger boat....."
Hey Matt, what is this WE stuff, that mean you ARE going to join with us for Thanksgiving???

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 03-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #12
ful-rac
Emperor

Of course he is!
Old 03-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #13
cabojohn
PROBATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
So here is the info so far. We do not have a limit on trucks or people. Starting with Cabojohn plus 2-3, then Deamon, maybe Stinky Matt, next comes EastLosYaker. Hoping to here that Zed will be visiting his father then too. Anyone else want to join us for Thanksgiving? This is peak fishing time in the area.

REMEMBER we are giving thanks to Ross so pm him and see what things he is short of. Tight lines.
/\
Zed would most likely be riding with me... cabo-Lea too!?
Old 03-16-2015, 02:25 PM   #14
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
/\
Hey Cabo
You and Lea better speak up early for the extra bedroom because those Team Sewer guys like to spoon too.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Old 03-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #15
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
/\
Zed, Cabo-Lea and Baja_Traveler are coming along with us. This is going to be a good trip.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 03-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #16
cabojohn
PROBATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Hey Cabo
You and Lea better speak up early for the extra bedroom because those Team Sewer guys like to spoon too.
Ross,
Thank you for the offfer on the room...honestly that is over the top!
Lea and I are totally self contained and comfy cozy camping in our rig.
IF nobody else wants it, I will take it. ITS ALL GOOD.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:36 PM   #17
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Here's a copy of a PM I sent to Makobob with sort of the acoutrimants of mi casa. Since Bob has been striving a lot of us comfortable over the past couple years, I'd like to return the favor and give him first crack at the extra room.

Anyway. I have one extra bedroom and bath, lots of floor space in the house where some cots or air mattresses could be put down. I have about a 700 SQ. Ft. Walled in stone floored court yard with lots of space for cots etc. The lot next door has been leveled and firmed up for tenting if someone wants to do that. I think my guy owns that too. I use it as a driveway myself..
— Herman Melville

Old 03-16-2015, 03:39 PM   #18
ful-rac
Emperor

Hmmm....Gonzaga or Asuncion...Gonzaga or Asunction....Decisions, decisions....
Old 03-16-2015, 03:42 PM   #19
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Here's a copy of a PM I sent to Makobob with sort of the acoutrimants of mi casa. Since Bob has been striving a lot of us comfortable over the past couple years, I'd like to return the favor and give him first crack at the extra room.

Anyway. I have one extra bedroom and bath, lots of floor space in the house where some cots or air mattresses could be put down. I have about a 700 SQ. Ft. Walled in stone floored court yard with lots of space for cots etc. The lot next door has been leveled and firmed up for tenting if someone wants to do that. I think my guy owns that too. I use it as a driveway myself..
John and Lea, the extra bed room is yours, to use or to pass on to someone else. I will do fine with my cot. See you guys soon. If anyone else wants to come we have lot's of space. All ABOARD.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 03-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #20
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
There's even a shitter at the the launch! I'm packing. Way to go Rossman. Leave some for us...Jim
Shitters full!
lol

The door is open. Im glad its prime season in Nov since rossmans catching all these rats.