Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
seaquinn
wishin' I was fishin'

very late Friday report... very sloooooow...

Sorry to post on Sunday, about Friday the 31st, but just an update that it was beautiful, surf ok, and only a very few guys caught squid early. We caught a few macs and trolled them around, and caught zero squid.

I didn't see a single YT or WSB caught. So those who didn't make it out didn't miss much.

Now on the beach, there were plenty of catchable and releasable things running around in bikinis..... time to change the bait and approach perhaps! Some days it may be nice to sleep in and just go to the beach, without all the work, and just read a book. Anyway, now eating smoked YT from a previous trip, so not all bad. Cheers all!
seaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
DanaPT

Reminds me of this. . .

Bass Fishing With Sam
When I retired, I could hardly wait to spend time enjoying my favorite pastime -- bass fishing. I got my own little fishing boat and tried to get my wife to join me, but she just never liked fishing. Finally, one day at the Bait & Tackle Shop, I got to talking to Sam, the shop owner, who it turned out loves bass fishing as much as I do. We quickly became fishing buddies. As I said the wife doesn't care about fishing. She not only refuses to join us she always complains that I spend too much time fishing.
A few weeks ago Sam and I had the best fishing trip ever. Not only did I catch the most beautiful bass you've ever seen, only a few minutes later Sam must have caught his twin brother! So I took a picture of Sam holding up the two nice bass that we caught and showed the picture to the wife hoping that maybe she'd get interested. Instead she says she doesn't want me to go fishing at all anymore! And she wants me to sell the boat! I think she just doesn't like to see me enjoying myself. What would you do? Tell the wife to forget it and continue my hobby or quit fishing and sell the boat as she insists?
Thanks,
"Confused Fisherman"
P.S. ---> Enclosed is a picture of Sam with the two bass we caught. (see below)
Attached Images

DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
TheBentRod

Tough call. Any kids? How long have you been married? Are you willing to give up half?

LOL!! Just kidding. Stupid questions. You better sell the boat!!
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Cbad Mike

Sell the boat and stay home with your wife. It's just the right thing to do.... OH and don't worry about your friend Sam, I'll buy a boat and be her new fishing buddy. She will be in good hands. PROMISE.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #5
h2ofishfo

Talking

I call b.s. those can't be brothers let me feel the weight of those things by the looks of them they swallowed to many plastics but nice bass though !
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
ctfphoto

Everything about Friday was great, except the fishing....

Beautiful moon set over a glassy Pacific, No swell to speak of and great weather.

Caught a Bat Ray right away and then made some macs for fly lining. Caught and released two legal rock fish on frozen squid.

Nice seeing you out there ....
Attached Images

ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote