Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Drake

My afordable and very effective way to mount gopro on a hobie.

I found this is one of the better and less expensive ways to mount my GoPro. Compared to buying a bunch of Scotty extenders and such.

I had a random dynex mono-pod laying around I got from best buy. I think retail is close to $28-$30 but if you have a friend or know someone who works there, they are $1.71 which is what I paid.

Also, I needed to get a tripod mount for the gopro which was really inexpensive.

The posts on the telescoping mono-pod get bigger are you get closer to the top. I took the bottom 3-4 links off so there were just 2 left, and the 2nd to last fits perfectly inside the sail mount. It takes a little effort to get it, but when it's in, it's not going anywhere.

The nice part is it still goes up and down so you can play with it however you like for different angles and get it out of the way when you need to cross your bow with your line

Other mono-pods can be found cheaper on amazon, but I can't guarantee they will fit as snug.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
jorluivil

I did that on my outback but preferred mouting it on the rear, I can mount mine in one of the kayak rod holders or in one of the bait tank rod holders. The advantage to mounting it behind you is that itsI much easier to reach and you get a better view of the action.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote