Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
TCS

Jet Skis in LJ Sunday Morning

There were about eight jet skis running all over the kelp this morning. Mostly right along the kelp line. It is hard for me to imagine anything more obnoxious. To finish up the show the zoomed south right on the kelp line and buzzed every kayak and boat along the way. If this was a jet ski tour company, I would like to know their phone number. In fact, it would be good for them to get a little feedback from all of us...
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
wade

feedback

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
dorado50

Its Seaforth out of Dana Landing. I brought it up about six months ago and nobody seemed to mind. Now its an issue? I think they run through the fishing grounds thurs. thru sunday.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

Has anyone seen that idiot in the speed boat with someone skiing behind it? I have seen them twice, its a red boat with a number 3 (I think) on it. The guy skiing wears a red jumpsuit and helmet. Zoomed right between me and others making bait one morning about 50-100 yards from me. Just aim your just past the tow rope and you are!

Dear #3 Boat,
Old 09-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
Handymansd
Ancient Member

http://www.seaforthlanding.com/pages/emailus.php drop them a line and let them know how you really feel about idiots in the kelp and fishing areas..., and remember to save their responses to you!
Additionally it typically has worked well to file official complaints with the CG and lifeguards, and you can actually file suit under a multitude of codes even a class action, and I might even know of someone that has video of them being stupid around other boaters and kayakers if needed !

However, I am not an attorney and I am in no way giving any kind of legal advise, but it might be worth looking into, if they can't control their idiot employees to stay out of the populated fishing areas on busy Sunday mornings.

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
lbsurf2ca

Yeah them and the PB who decided to do drive full speed past me and park himself in the middle of the diving birds.
lbsurf2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
jorluivil

Sounds like the same yahoos that were motoring around Newport today

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Jim Sammons LJKF

My client and I had an asshat fishing off a waverunner run right up behind us onto our trolling lines and stop right on our asses to ask how we were doing. Got tangled in my clients line, I just shook my head and paddled away.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
taggermike

I've always wondered, do assholes ride jetskis or do jetskis turn regular folks in to assholes? Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
I've always wondered, do assholes ride jetskis or do jetskis turn regular folks in to assholes? Mike

saw them on Friday
Old 09-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #11
Croaker Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
One thing you can always count on: jetskis + beer = big assholes.
Croaker Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Yes, It seems that a large portion of PBers feel that the yaks are the road map to where all the fish are. These guys are clueless. I am not saying they all behave this way.

I have had at least 30 of them full power towards me and then 30 yards away turn and slow down to see what's up. If I stand up and throw an iron. I get at least 3 boats riding up on my butt.

I worry about taking my kids out fishing because of the general boating behavior.

I have had enough. I have decided to start making a new video of their antics so we can identify the power turds publicly. The GoPRO is not just getting turned on for the fish.... There are too many repeat offenders. I will get a copy to the CG as well.

PB'rs consider this fair warning.
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #13
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydiego View Post
Yes, It seems that a large portion of PBers feel that the yaks are the road map to where all the fish are. These guys are clueless. I am not saying they all behave this way.

I have had at least 30 of them full power towards me and then 30 yards away turn and slow down to see what's up. If I stand up and throw an iron. I get at least 3 boats riding up on my butt.

I worry about taking my kids out fishing because of the general boating behavior.

I have had enough. I have decided to start making a new video of their antics so we can identify the power turds publicly. The GoPRO is not just getting turned on for the fish.... There are too many repeat offenders. I will get a copy to the CG as well.

PB'rs consider this fair warning.
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #14
maui jim

I use to fish a lot of Bass tourneys....and for some resaon all PWC'rs always wanted to show their assholishness by doing spins and what nots within 20 to 70 feet of us...... Oh sure I lost my best crankbaits........

oh yes the memories and chuckles I got from my outstanding casting abilities.. I still have fond memories of the love of those tourneys...

Not once did they figure out what has happened to them.....
Old 09-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #15
mbaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS View Post
There were about eight jet skis running all over the kelp this morning. Mostly right along the kelp line. It is hard for me to imagine anything more obnoxious. To finish up the show the zoomed south right on the kelp line and buzzed every kayak and boat along the way. If this was a jet ski tour company, I would like to know their phone number. In fact, it would be good for them to get a little feedback from all of us...
What color where the jet skis? Did they all look the same? Has anyone spoken to Sea Forth?
mbaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
TCS

http://www.seaforthboatrental.com/index.php/boat-rentals/waverunners.html

I spoke the manager at Seaforth rentals. Seemed like a pretty reasonable guy. Definitly does not want to go all hatfields & McCoys with the local fishermen. Said he would be surprised if those were his customer because his guides know not to buzz the kelpline. Also said he would talk to them to be sure.

Last edited by TCS; 09-21-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #17
TCS

Route map from site

Old 09-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #18
Handymansd
Ancient Member

I wish that was the reality, Tom!

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #19
maui jim

They should include the Childrens pool as a must do on the jetski tour,

The seal lady can provide educational information from her bullhorn

Also included is a beach lunch, drinks included.... so when they beach the jetskis to get a closer look at the colony

That should do it......
Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #20
pchen911

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
They should include the Childrens pool as a must do on the jetski tour,
AWESOME IDEA! I would totally take that tour!
pchen911 is offline   Reply With Quote