Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
walrus

Now that we got the bait, let's fish.

Fishing tip:

The defeat of Prop 21, is only a single battle in keeping our freedom to fish.

Think of it like fishing, you cast a jig or bait over and over to catch a fish. Now, it's important for every attempt you make to catch a fish, that you send a single letter, E-mail, or phone call to your state representives.

We must continue to make more noise, because in government the squeeky wheel does get the grease.

We make hundreds of casts to catch a fish, are you willing to send the same number of E-mails to keep the opportunity to fish?

Create in your own words your opposition to MLPA closurers and send the E-mail to state representives once everyday for the next year. This squeek will be heard if we all show the passion by sending an e-mail everyday those in office will hear the squeek.
walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
mtnbykr2

I think we should come up with a couple of form letters, just as the crooks
in office do, everyone can copy and edit it as necessary and just keep casting...I would do that, heck I do that when I am fishin anyway...lol
Second String Team No Fish, this year...lol
One down...more to go
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
old_rookie

It would be very helpful to know the correct e-mail address, kind of like knowing the secret spot for lobstah.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
walrus

Tips:

Write in your own words, the format of form letters are easy to filter, howevery, everyone writes with a different style and you mail will be opened.

The first sentence should contain your point, i.e. MLPA is bais and my community has concerns about the process.

After that you could give other information or comments.

Change the title to your e-mail often i.e. I use modified book titles since I don't have much of an imagination, i.e. Gone With the California Wind, Travels with Arnold.

This prevents title filtering and peeks their interest to what the E-mail is about. The more E-mails opened on a specific subject the squeeker the wheel.

Use these sites to go down the list. Copy and paste your message to every elected official in your district or not.

http://www.assembly.ca.gov/clerk/MEMBERINFORMATION/memberdir_1.asp
http://www.senate.ca.gov/~newsen/senators/senators.htp
Don't expect a response.
walrus is offline   Reply With Quote