Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #41
philr21

Quote:
Originally Posted by belloscm View Post
WRT the PM, my company has changed. It's now same name@exelisinc.com.
? You should be able to see in your inbox here. Or do you want me to forward to that exact E-mail address? name@?
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #42
philr21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlC3 View Post
Thanks for this post! I was stationed in Yokosuka and Yokohama for 10 years and loved every minute of it!
The Army depot in Yokohama (behind Fleet Mail Center) is an awesome spot to go for Suzuki (Japanese Sea Bass). I would use white plugs with red heads and kill it there. Also check the reefs along Kamakura, you can find sea urchin and abalone (dollar sized) all over. Steam them in their shell with brown sugar and soy mix.
Get some shore duty there! Summers are awesome!
AlC3, Thanks. Have been here for the most part since March 96. It is cool indeed.

Gotta be careful getting uni and awabi from those reefs, quick way to end up in jail. Uni and awabi are protected in these areas and if stopped by Japanese police (who do check), penalties are hefty. Last year (?) a famous actresses boyfriend died at night along that stretch doing some illegal diving. He was coming out of the water when he saw someone, so he got spooked and hid his stash. When he went to go get his take, he drowned.

But yep, summers are great. Haven't been here to experience the summers much in recent years, but when I have been, I love every minute.
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote