Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Oh thanks bob for starting this back up!

It's all good for now...at least that's how I feel. I just hope wade addresses the issue(s) soon, I would like to hear what he has to say.

I also think I speak for everybody in the fact that we are all appreciative of wade for putting on these tournaments. I know it's not easy to do and time consuming for little or no reward...but I believe that, that is just the nature of not just fishing tournaments, just tournaments in general...there are always going to be issues that come up...whether you think they are issues or not...fact is somebody out there is going to think your non-issue is an issue....and dealing with that crap has to be maddening...

Hopefully wade isn't too upset with the way that this situation unfolded. I hope we can get it straitened out new rules in place and we can all move on like nothing ever happened....

I think wade needs to come up with 1 method of measuring fish, and if somebody doesn't like it...tough. Just as long as we are all doing it the same uniform way.
I agree with you 100%, unfortunately I didn't have anything to measure for this one, but I think the rule for measuring fish should be. Placing the fish flat from 0 on the measuring device to where ther tail goes. Having 2 or three different photos can be confusing. Stand on a lader if you have to, or something.

I don't envy Wade at all for the crap he has to go through with these events, but I take my hat off to him for putting these together. I missed all the drama that went on, and so I am left speculating as to what happened.

I love it though that on this site for the most part we all seem to get along, I know not everyone is always going to like someone else, but the respect for the most part is there.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
When I first saw the Judge and Jury post I thought it was a joke, not in a WTF kind of way. I thought this was Wade's intention:
  1. Post pic of fish
  2. Have everyone guess the length
  3. Post pic of head shot
  4. Tell everyone that their guesstimates were wrong
Why did I guess this? Well, its plain and simple. I assumed that Wade received all of the photos I had sent him but that wasn't the case. I didn't realize that was the case until after I posted the head shot and Wade questioned it but by this time the thread had totally gone Ala Bloodydecks.

Even after a few of the comments were posted I believed that this wasn't all a joke but even after I realized that this wasn't the case I failed to contact Wade myself. Rather than contacting Wade I posted the details of the communication for everyone to see, this was a bad move on my part. At my office we follow a simple rule when it comes to communicating; if you feel a need to send a fourth email on the same subject pick up the phone and call the person instead. I could have done this but I didn't, maybe its because I was expecting the same...... in a childish kind of way.

Fast forward a few days and the thread is getting nastier by the minute. It was starting to look like a bloody decks threads combined with those old south vs. north BWE threads. I couldn't believe what I was reading but more so who was saying it. Anyway, what's done is done, there really is no point in poking a healing wound.
I didn't see any of the nasty posts, and I'm O.K. with that. The difficult part about these types of tournaments is the fact that photos, or information can easily get missed. This was the first time I was involved in this type of tournament, I normally enter the one day tourneys that have a scale to weigh in at the end of the day.

Anyway, what about those Cubs?

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Oh thanks bob for starting this back up!
It's all good for now...at least that's how I feel. I just hope wade addresses the issue(s) soon, I would like to hear what he has to say.
I also think I speak for everybody in the fact that we are all appreciative of wade for putting on these tournaments. I know it's not easy to do and time consuming for little or no reward...but I believe that, that is just the nature of not just fishing tournaments, just tournaments in general...there are always going to be issues that come up...whether you think they are issues or not...fact is somebody out there is going to think your non-issue is an issue....and dealing with that crap has to be maddening...
Hopefully wade isn't too upset with the way that this situation unfolded. I hope we can get it straitened out new rules in place and we can all move on like nothing ever happened....
I think wade needs to come up with 1 method of measuring fish, and if somebody doesn't like it...tough. Just as long as we are all doing it the same uniform way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
When I first saw the Judge and Jury post I thought it was a joke, not in a WTF kind of way. I thought this was Wade's intention:
  1. Post pic of fish
  2. Have everyone guess the length
  3. Post pic of head shot
  4. Tell everyone that their guesstimates were wrong
Why did I guess this? Well, its plain and simple. I assumed that Wade received all of the photos I had sent him but that wasn't the case. I didn't realize that was the case until after I posted the head shot and Wade questioned it but by this time the thread had totally gone Ala Bloodydecks.
[/I]
The standings were updated a few days ago both on the main tourney page, & FB.
I completely agree Tony, and asap I will put up some more clarifications on submittal. Any ideas greatly appreciated..
Jorges photos were fine had I received them all at once. I wanted to keep things as short & sweet as possible regarding original regs..
I realize a few people, Jorge especially, might have gotten that impression, which is why I had to clear the air as to my norm of shooting straight. There was no hidden agenda. Face value asking for a little help from you guys,..need everyone happy and having all involved seemed in order..as I received his last email containing the overhead exact shot, I posted it immediately within hours of receiving and it all went south faster than yesterdays current.........

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
Dirty Curti

Glad I stopped reading it after day 2

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #25
ful-rac
Emperor

I think the baytuber method of taping over the bottom (white side) of the fish, also burning 2" should be the approved method. The reason being is that it is easier and simple to do at home or in the field without any special equipment...like a ladder...The reason for burning the 2"s is to give the person holding the tape something to hold on to while taping so the tape can be tight across the bottom. Getting your total length and subtracting 2"s is not rocket science and should make no difference in your over all length, just as long as you remember to subtract the 2"s.

There should be strict rules on how the pictures are taken. As squarely over the fish, (head) as possible. Taking the picture by yourself is going to be difficult and it may require 2 or even 3 people to correctly do in some instances.

Photos Poorly taken should be reviewed and either allowed or DQ by WADE only.
(example photos should be taken)
Old 09-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #26
driftwood

And stop drinking and posting...bad mix!
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote