Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Flyfisher70

Storage Crate

I know lots of guys are always carrying extra gear in the milk crates, we do modifications adding rod holders and so on. I pick one up off the street earlier today and washed it down. When I was washing it down I noticed the $1500 fine warning on it, with my luck I would be one of those guys who gets the stiff fine, so I put it next the recycling bin. Anyhow I recalled reading about who carried the crates and Staples is just a short drive from my home, I head over to Staple and low and behold they have them in stock and only $4 + tax, I ended up paying $4.39 for a nice clean new crate, plus it's so much lighter than the other milk crate I had found, oh, and I won't get fined $1500 if caught with the milk crate I found. Just thought I'd pass that on for some of the guys who are looking for the storage crates.
Flyfisher70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Croaker Dave

The back-of-the-grocery-store crates catch more fish. How many of the fish on The Whoppers Over The Years pictures were caught on $4 lightweight Target crates? Not many. Go through all the pictures and try to find Target crates. The bottom line is, the big homeguard know you shop at Target and don't wanna be seen towing you around the Pacific. They want steel reinforced crates. They have a reputation to maintain.
Croaker Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher70 View Post
I know lots of guys are always carrying extra gear in the milk crates, we do modifications adding rod holders and so on. I pick one up off the street earlier today and washed it down. When I was washing it down I noticed the $1500 fine warning on it, with my luck I would be one of those guys who gets the stiff fine, so I put it next the recycling bin. Anyhow I recalled reading about who carried the crates and Staples is just a short drive from my home, I head over to Staple and low and behold they have them in stock and only $4 + tax, I ended up paying $4.39 for a nice clean new crate, plus it's so much lighter than the other milk crate I had found, oh, and I won't get fined $1500 if caught with the milk crate I found. Just thought I'd pass that on for some of the guys who are looking for the storage crates.
In the way that you found that crate I'm sure you would have been fine. I have 3 crates that I use to carry records around in when I was a DJ. They all have that warning on them. I have not been popped yet, I don't think the crate police would have nailed ya. Those crates from Target don't last as long, they break really easily. Next time you want to get a crate you may want to check this place out.
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/storage/crates

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
erinoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher70 View Post

If you need a crate, I'll give you all you need, If you live in or around Carlsbad. I dont deliver..
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
Flyfisher70

Arrrg... I was just in Pasadena I could have stopped in at the Container Store on Fair Oaks. Thanks for the link Jimmyz123
Flyfisher70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
jorluivil

Cut out the part of the crate that tells you you'll get fined.........case closed.

The store bought ones work but they are pretty flimsy. The truth is that is no Crate Police driving around town looking for people that have these crates, you'll be fine.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
tagyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
The truth is that is no Crate Police driving around town looking for people that have these crates, you'll be fine.
you don't know the cops in pasadena and the other local cities around pasadena. they don't have anything else to do besides giving out bogus tickets.
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
you don't know the cops in pasadena and the other local cities around pasadena. they don't have anything else to do besides giving out bogus tickets.
Enlighten me.......what is considered a bogus ticket?

Old 05-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Cut out the part of the crate that tells you you'll get fined.........case closed.

The store bought ones work but they are pretty flimsy. The truth is that is no Crate Police driving around town looking for people that have these crates, you'll be fine.

That explains the the crate I got from you.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
That explains the the crate I got from you.
I have no clue what you're talking about.

You got a receipt for that?

Old 05-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
tagyak

i think the warning is to scare off people so that they won't use them. but if you don't feel comfortable than that is your prerogative.
one of the main reasons that we use the milk crate is that it is cheap, (free), secondly they are very durable. being durable allows for the rod holders to be attached and being that it is a little heavy it won't tip over. there are lots of other reasons.
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #12
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
one of the main reasons that we use the milk crate is that it is cheap, (free),

If the crate is given to you then it's a gift, if you take it without asking then it's stealing.

In this case he found it, that is still as good as a gift as I see it.

However If you willingly go to the the back of a store and take what is not rightfully yours then that's wrong. Call me a goody goody or what ever you want to call me, but taking something that is not yours is wrong.

The crates at the Container store are the same quality as the ones used by the delivery trucks. They also have a wide variety of crates that may work better for you yak. I know the Cobras have a smaller tank well. There are crates at the container store that will fit without cutting.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
If the crate is given to you then it's a gift, if you take it without asking then it's stealing.

In this case he found it, that is still as good as a gift as I see it.

However If you willingly go to the the back of a store and take what is not rightfully yours then that's wrong. Call me a goody goody or what ever you want to call me, but taking something that is not yours is wrong.

The crates at the Container store are the same quality as the ones used by the delivery trucks. They also have a wide variety of crates that may work better for you yak. I know the Cobras have a smaller tank well. There are crates at the container store that will fit without cutting.
Nope...sorry to burst your bubble - its called RSP - Receiving stolen property...No difference btwn the crate scenario and going to the swap meet and 'unknowingly' buying some stuff that was stolen. You are in possession of the goods and the burden of proof is on you. More than likely you will walk, but its a royal pain in the @ss for a 4.00 piece of plastic.

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote