Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
SeaEagle_1

HH Report (Sorry No Pics)

well i thought i would post a report about hitting huntington today. i got a late start and hit the water about around 10am from trinidad island. it was already hot and blistering on the water in the side channel.

i thought i would try something a bit new today in HH so i headed up the side channel going deeper into the harbor. normally like everyone else i head straight out to the flats and the bridge area and ignore the rest of the harbor. so i thought it would be fun to mix it up a bit. and interestingly enough i had one of the best days i have had in several outings to HH.

my total for the day was 5 bass. four spotties and one sandy. i did have a few other strikes that were shot.

during my hunt for the fish i noticed that they were scattered all over. the two closest fish i caught were about 50 yards apart. the rest were caught all round the harbor. some were caught around docks and the others around scattering of eel grass. HH is a hard harbor to fish and i really had to hunt for them.

the smallest fish was about 14 inches and the longests about 18 inches or so. i would guess the biggest fish weighed about 1.75lbs. all in all not a bad day on the water for HH. any other harbor and i would have considered it a draw for the day.

the weather was beautiful and the winds were forecasted for only 6mph. but the winds were much higher than that and made fishing in the main channel difficult at best and risky with all the boat traffic today.

water temp was the warmest i have seen so far, temp ranged from 65 to 68 degrees depending on where i was.
SeaEagle_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

I fished Saturday before work and the weeks wind had the temp at 60, it will warm up quick with the temps and lack of too much wind (for this area in Spring). Found my only fish after losing a better one (spottie) in one of the canals on the way to work.