Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2024, 12:12 PM   #1
Kailolo3
Junior

La Jolla Shores this Fri or Sat?

Looking for someone to set up yaks at same time at La Jolla shores early morning to act as security while the other parks their car/truck and vice versa? Currently I park in the public lot and port the yak to the launch, and the reverse at end of day. It?s a long haul with a loaded yak on p balloon tires even along the ?boardwalk?. But I?m too nervous to leave yak at the launch while I park or pick -up the car from the lot. Waves are 1-2 ft so will be good days for launch/landing!
Kailolo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2024, 07:40 AM   #2
monstahfish

If you go early, there's almost always a fellow yak fisherman there to watch your gear.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 08:39 AM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Early morning or leave your stuff in an a wealthy area. I hate paying to park, so I know the feeling of leaving expensive gear on the beach while going a little farther to the free parking areas to park or retrieve the truck.

In SE Florida, I will lay my gear out on the beach in the dark(early morning). Drive 5 miles North to park the truck, then ride a bike back to the launch area. Launch, make bait and drift 5 miles North to where I parked the truck before calling it a day. On the way home, pick up the bike that I leave locked to a post at the launch area.

In wealthy areas (WPB/Mar A Lago), I can leave the kayak on the beach, take an Uber back to the truck as the beaches lined with million dollar homes are desolate, and even if there was someone there, the chances of them wanting to steal kayak gear is remote.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2024, 07:45 AM   #4
TheBentRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Early morning or leave your stuff in an a wealthy area. I hate paying to park, so I know the feeling of leaving expensive gear on the beach while going a little farther to the free parking areas to park or retrieve the truck.

In SE Florida, I will lay my gear out on the beach in the dark(early morning). Drive 5 miles North to park the truck, then ride a bike back to the launch area. Launch, make bait and drift 5 miles North to where I parked the truck before calling it a day. On the way home, pick up the bike that I leave locked to a post at the launch area.

In wealthy areas (WPB/Mar A Lago), I can leave the kayak on the beach, take an Uber back to the truck as the beaches lined with million dollar homes are desolate, and even if there was someone there, the chances of them wanting to steal kayak gear is remote.
That's commitment to a launch spot. Definitely would not do the same.
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2024, 11:57 AM   #5
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBentRod View Post
That's commitment to a launch spot. Definitely would not do the same.
When the current is 2+ kts Nth, it is easier to drift than to fight the current returning to the original launch spot?been doing it this way going on 10 years without an incident of theft.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote