Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Thresher 140

Asked CJ about the new boat, would have been great for Baja on the Fly but they were not shipping then. Below is his reply........................................

Re: Thresher 140

Some boats have started shipping. Our order is hopefully going to be complete and ready to ship end of week.

So now they are ALMOST HERE, if they ship this week, they should ARRIVE end of the next week or earlier. Very hard to wait. Like a kid before Christmas. When it arrives you guys and gals will be able to test one out at OEX Mission Bay or I will be happy to let you try out mine in Oceanside, just let me know, I might have it for the HOW event at Tidelands on the 8th???

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
Siebler

Yes some boats have started shipping. One of my team guys in Central CA had his boat ship Thursday. Our order at OEX is set to ship the 30th but that is assuming that all boats in our order (Threshers,rides, tarpons, etc) are complete and ready for shipping. Lot of factors that can change this such as colors. For instance I said that Erics boat shipped to Central CA last week- His boat was ordered weeks after mine was (mine was one of very first boats ordered) and mine hasnt shipped.

Those who Preordered- dont call us we will call you. Nothing is available to be expedited and they will all come at the same time we are told. When the boats come in we do not want them taking up valuable space, I promise that we will let you know as soon as it is off the truck and inspected.

Thanks to all that have ordered or are interested in trying this boat. It has been a long time coming. My involvement with this project has been nearly a year now so I am as anxious as anybody to finally have a production model in my hands.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
easyday

I shall have one soon
Old 10-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

The Thresher looks good but I'm going to wait for some reviews between the Thresher and the Kraken before I decide on my next seasons yak. Hopefully it's a hard choice
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
The Thresher looks good but I'm going to wait for some reviews between the Thresher and the Kraken before I decide on my next seasons yak. Hopefully it's a hard choice
WHY not just paddle them BOTH yourself????? YOUR opinion and feelings are always better than the other guys!!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #6
easyday

ALOT of time and thought went into both rigs. Bob is right why not paddle both yaks and find out which one is better for your needs.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #7
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Yes a test drive of both is in order, but.. I have less than 2 years experience on a yak and can count the yaks I've paddled on one hand so my comparison database is extremely limited. Also, a 15 minute test paddle in the bay isn't really enough to base a buy on so I will rely on OEX doing a decent review covering many days in different conditions including rigging experiences which I can't get from a test paddle. I don't think I can go wrong with either one, but will still wait for reviews! I've got time anyway, I'm not planning on a purchase till next season, and I'll probably wait for the first year bugs to be worked out and get one after the upgrades next year.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:32 AM   #8
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
Yes a test drive of both is in order, but.. I have less than 2 years experience on a yak and can count the yaks I've paddled on one hand so my comparison database is extremely limited. Also, a 15 minute test paddle in the bay isn't really enough to base a buy on so I will rely on OEX doing a decent review covering many days in different conditions including rigging experiences which I can't get from a test paddle. I don't think I can go wrong with either one, but will still wait for reviews! I've got time anyway, I'm not planning on a purchase till next season, and I'll probably wait for the first year bugs to be worked out and get one after the upgrades next year.
We do offer a 24 hour rental for 65.00. Rent them both and then when you purchase we will credit back the rental fees.

I wouldnt count on any first year bugs with the Thresher. This boat has been held back from shipping to ensure there are no bugs. Hatches and parts have been delivered and refused multiple times to ensure product quality. There were 5 phases of Prototypes tested vigerously on both coasts. This boat is solid.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote