Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
rieffer

5/26 CDM kelps

Got down to the kelps at the north boundary of Crystal Cove Park about 7am. nice wind! Nothing happening until I decide to head back. I figured I would stop at a few stringers on the way back and throw some plastics. From 10 to 1 every stringer gave up at least 3 Calicos. Overall I brought about 20 to the boat, only 4-5 were less than the new legal! Water was a little dirty, but a nice 68. I've never been out of DP but would like to try later this week. Is anybody else planning on going out?
rieffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
easyday

What days im heading out to dp tomm and I dont work until next monday so im basically free
Old 05-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
rieffer

Let's do thursday am. call me at 7149817774 and we can over details.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
Hondatom

I hit that kelp the first couple times out and had some luck. nothing big but, it is a healthy fishery.

I fished outside the harbor on Sunday. Searching for a Halibut, only thing I got all day was a big Bat ray. i am still a green horn to the kayak, but I am hoping to earn my stripes eventually.

Any advice you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated.
Hondatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
rieffer

That stretch of kelp down to reef point can definetly kick out some nice halibuts and WSB. 46# is my best so far. you just never know what you're going to catch and how many. Check the predicted grunion runs to fish right after and close to the beach. good luck. maybe see you out there.