Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To Post a timely report or not?
No, because it shutsdown the bite 20 37.74%
Yes, because it gives hundres of others to try and catch a fish 33 62.26%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #15
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Let the POLL CONTINUE:!!!! 425 views and only 26 people voted???

What i have been taught and what i agree on... ( You can disagree or agree ) Post your comments and put in your answer in the poll. (its raining so pull out the popcorn
)

Matt aka Stinkymatt, always gives me a earful for not posting current on the water reports. I use to post current on the water reports, but I use to get alot of hate messages. So now I wait a few weeks on public forums. I Also don't like to post my honey holes but I'll share a hot bite with my fellow kayakers by private messages. Especially the people who helped me learn to fish. Most of the people who share hot bites don't want me to post a bite so I follow their wishes, since they spent countless of hours to find it.

On the other hand if someone wants to share a hot bite, I do not care. I just won't post one myself because I have been taught the underground kayakfishing laws by my teachers. Have I been taught wrong? I don't think so. I use discretion now on what i post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
Simply, the idea that you "deserve" others hard earned information is ridiculous. Be happy with what you get, learn to read between the lines, and there is no substitute for time on the water.

Oh, by the way I fished today. The water temp was 58.1, with twelve-feet of visibility, tons of greenbacks, and an entire fleet of boats with not one fish caught.

Josh said" learn to read between the lines" so I have, but it also helPs having friends that share current intel by pm.

I do like this site very much, I met most of you through the site. I am also able to get a fishing buddy through this site whenever I go out.

So to finish my story:

I will protect a hotbite because that is what I have been taught. I for one HATE trying to fish in a crowded spot, but I'll do it.

Go out and fish you won't catch anything by reading this and you won't find your own honey holes if you just stay at home. The ocean is big, make some friends and go out.

Have fun

-frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Betta View Post
Im still paying my dues, but I will say that being on a Kayak really cuts down your "fishing range" on the water, its not like I can just fire up 225horses and blaze off to the 390.

I dont blame you guys on bit for trying to keep the bite on the DL. Stealth is one of a Kayaks biggest assets. Nothing will shut it down faster then a lot of PB running around everywhere.

So keep posting the way its been going, a few days after the bite. If I need intel I'll drop by the launch or PM a few friends, better yet Ill just go fish. Time on the water is what its all about, fish are just icing on the cake.

The out of town guys, I feel your pain on the gas and time. Make a few more friends that live here and let them know you maybe coming down. Ive seen nothing but great guys paddling around out there, Im sure the info will flow. Hope to see all of you out there. Frank

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it