Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
DHSDave

Smile Looking for Advice on X Factor Purchase....

Hey Guys,

Recently just joined up to the Site, been fishing SD offshore waters for the past 8 years and finally want to give yaking a go. I am familiar with the X Factor model and really enjoy that model. I am 6'4" 230 so it also seems like a better overall fit for me. I've been reading up on all the threads I can to get a jump start on things.

I've been debating on whether I should go for a used or new X Factor. After seeing the reviews on the new 2012 factor I am definitely leaning towards going new. I love the idea of a second elevated enclosed hatch converted to a bait tank, the added gator hatch front and warranty coverage.

My plan is to fish/Hoop SD bay and La Jolla Kelps.

I've already purchased a few items already including a Aqua Sting Ray Carbon Paddle 240cm, Stohlquist Fisherman PFD, Icom M72 VHF and a rack/storage system for starters.

Planning on buying the yak around labor day, hopefully there will be a sale going on. If I go the brand new route, any recommendations on what options I should add other than the battery box, bait tank and eagle cuda ff? Thanks in advance!
DHSDave is offline   Reply With Quote