Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Fiskadoro

MLPA interactive maps

MLPA interactive maps

Here's a new setup where you can see the round two MLPA proposal maps from the RSG in detail online:

http://www.marinemap.org/marinemap/

I prefer to use the chart function, as I use bluecahrt on my GPS/Plotter. With the chart function on I can reference my GPS and see exactly how my fishing is going to be impacted by the Closures.
To get to the function click "Data layers" and check "Nautical charts"

Then you can zoom in to your favorite area, and once there: click MPAs ,Arrays, and Proposals and in the pop up then you can select which MLPA proposals you want to see, either one at a time or layered on top of each other, and how they will impact your spot.

The round 2 maps are the ones to look at especially External A. Lapis1, and Topaz.

Here's some images from Lapis2

Dume:

PV (just south of Rocky point)

I suggest everyone look closely at these maps, as it's crucial for us to contact our RSG reps and fill them in on how they will impact us individually.

For instance there is a lot of difference between Lapis1

and Lapis2 when it comes to LaJolla!!

Feel free to post which maps you prefer (or hate the least) and which ones will impact you the most.

For those who claim that the fisherman can do nothing and that going to the meetings or working within the process has been a complete waste of time I suggest you look at C and compare it to any of the round 2 maps.

Those who have worked on the fishing side have made a difference, and it's important to keep up the fight. Next meeting is September 10th in LA, be there or loose your access.

Thanks again to all the guys who have been working on this!!!

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 08-13-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote