Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #1
Saba Slayer

Other Side of the WSB Article...

I received this in responce to the negative article about the Hubbs WSB project...

Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute supporters:

You may have recently heard or read about a blog on VoiceofSanDiego.com surrounding HSWRI’s white seabass replenishment program (OREHP/Ocean Resources Enhancement Hatchery Program) which is managed by the Department of Fish and Wildlife (DFW). The DFW has contracted with our Institute for more than 30 years to run many facets of the program including the fish production aspects. The statements in the blog are based primarily upon the personal and unsubstantiated opinions of a single DFW employee. The DFW assures us that his opinions do NOT represent those of the DFW. HSWRI has always conducted its research according to the highest standards possible and will continue to do so.

As a long-standing supporter of the Institute, many of you have helped to sustain the white seabass program in addition to your generous support of our other research initiatives and I wanted to personally provide you with the attached counterpoints to the misleading information presented in the blog.

I have also included an op-ed that has been submitted to the Voice of San Diego authored by HSWRI Trustee Bob Fletcher. As stated in the op-ed, Bob is not only a Trustee of our Institute, but also the former Chief Deputy Director of the California Department of Fish and Game (now Fish and Wildlife), retired President of the Sportfishing Association of California (a post he held for 20 years), a former member of the Department of Commerce’s Marine Fisheries Advisory Committee, and former U.S. commissioner on the Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission. Bob has been associated with OREHP since its inception in 1984 and helped to craft the underlying goals and strategies that have guided the program over time.

Please feel free to contact me with your questions at 619-226-3870.

Thank you for your continued support.

Don Kent

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote