Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
Matt
Support your local pangas

7/15

Launched at 4:30 or so.....found an extremely minimal crew, said hello to the dudes I know and launched quick and fast and completely DRY which rarely happens for me!! Headed to the pier to try and find some bait underneath the lights, tried and tried and tried, there were 4 of us all barely getting any bait at all. Finally around 5:30 the bait begins to make its way up, and I quickly got some nice sized macks. Finally fishing.....water was extremely weedy and green, got picked up around 9:00 HUGE ZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG....set the hook only to look over and see that tail slapping!!! Stupid threshers! The worst part was it refused to run and just sat at the boat waiting to be dehooked, so after a few smacks with the tail and a border line wrestling match with a very, very very, fresh Mr.T I gladly sent him on his way to grow bigger, The T went about 40lbs give or take and was pretty angry and green. Wound up going deep and paddling back in a stiff wind and heavy mixed up current, landed to an absolute mess at the launch/landing!! I am not sure if it is better or worse with the lifeguards circle and direction?? But I do applaud their efforts.....Gary it was nice to meet you on the beach!!

Matt
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote