Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
SorryCharlie

DP 4/27 The one that got away...

Hit the water around 645, weather was nice and calm. Bait barge had nice energetic anchovies, with a bait tank full I headed strait for the point.

First I tried throwing a big hammer on the rock caught 1 nice calico and 1 short. Caught a few more calico throughout the day, around 12:30 I headed down towards the pipe.

Drifted over the pipe a few times, caught 2 more calico. Then they day went from great to fantastic. Drifting by the pipe again something hammers my anchovie, starts a run for about 20 yards and stops, a few more short runs later up comes a beautiful halibut, I would guess at least 25lb. Then I won the rockie of the year award for 2013, while trying to get the halibut on the stringer (without gaffing it, BAD idea) I took to long and the next run...... pop there goes the line and the fish.... Sad day, but great day non the less.

Thinking of trying the same spot again tomorrow to get this unicorn.

Here is the first calico of the day.
Name:  Screen shot 2013-04-27 at 8.46.48 PM.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  37.0 KB
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote