Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Cbad Mike

Only one fishing yesterday 8-14

Started the day waking up at 4:30 am to go to LJ and launch early. Went downstairs to find that the dog ate a half a bag of cat food and puked and shit all over the place. Spent an hour and a half cleaning that up (as the dog watched).
6:00 am... I head out the front door to get my truck and and the cat follows me and hides in the bushes. I spend an hour getting the cat back in the house by bribing it with treats. (I couldn't leave it out because it's the girlfriends cat and she loves it more then me).
7:00 am... I pull truck up to garage and go into house through the back door to find the dog hasn't stopped shitting and puking. I put the dog on the patio and start to clean up the floor again. This time under the watchful eye of the cat who is sitting on the counter happily eating her treats.
7:45 am... I start loading the truck.
8:05 am... Girlfriend wakes up and says she thought I was going fishing early asked why Im still home.
8:06 am... Girlfriend blames me for leaving cat food where the dog could get it.
8:10 am... Pass dog who is shitting on my new wood chips that I just put down around the patio the day before. Go into the garage and finish loading my kayak onto my truck.
8:20 am... Notice water drips coming from kayak and trace it to a small hole near the stern.
8:45 am... Pull up in front of Oceanside Dive and Kayak to have it repaired so I can go fish. I wait until they open at 9.
9:05 am... I figure out that they don't open till 10:00 am.
10:30 am... After fighting traffic on 5 I unload kayak at Mission Bay OEX for repair.
12:30 pm... After repair and shopping (new Ram mount and rod holder) I'm finally on the road to LJ.
1:00 pm... traffic sucks in LJ
1:15 pm... Unload at the launch
1:35pm... Find a parking place
2:05pm... I finally launch thinking (its ok, I'll get the afternoon bite.)
2:30pm... Wonder when everyone else will show up
3:15pm... Think it's odd that I am the ONLY ONE on the water.
3:45pm... Lose my brand new squid jig on its second drop.
4:30pm... While still trying to make bait I wonder why I'm the only one fishing
6:00pm... Still no one in sight.
Sunset... Land on beach without even a bite.
9:20pm... I get to unload my kayak and gear to the same old comments from the neighbors and girlfriend of "where's the fish"?
12:30 am... Go to bed wondering why everyone else knew to stay off the water.

QUESTION... Did everyone else know that it would be a bad day for fishing? If so how did they know? I read about the tides, swell, wind, fish reports, air temperature, water temperature etc. AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote