Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Hellboy1500

San Diego Bay Butt

Luanched out of Harbor Island about 1000 this morning, water still calm and the sun shining. My wife went here way and myself and my kid on the back of my PA went our way, not that far from each other but far enough for me not to get the first fish. Not even 10 mins after we launch my wife is screeming at me "I got a fish" " I got a fish" I'm thinking she caught a lizard fish as we normally do and she gets excited about anything she catches so I just say good job and i go to drop my lines in the water. I look back and she is pulling this butt out of the water I'm thinking she will be good and measure it correctly because i marked on her paddle the lengths for the most common fish caught in the bay. OH no she is screaming at me with that scared scream get over here i don't know what to do the fish is between my legs and i don't want it to bite me. I raise up my lines my daughter raises hers and i head over there. I get there and the butt is a good size. Its mouth is about 2"s from here leg and she is shaking in fear of it biting her, so I grab my lip jaws and grab it up for her and measure it 24" its a keeper. Her first butt on the yak and her biggest fish so far. I on the other hand caught nothing for the day : (.
Hellboy1500 is offline   Reply With Quote