Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
zenspearo

Round 3 maps are up.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/scrsg-dprops-r3.asp

Group 1 map for LJ trully sucks. Their logic escapes me.

Group 3 is not much better.

Point Dume's map from Groups 1 and 3 are frightening. So is Laguna's map from groups 1 and 3.

We have to show up to speak about these maps on Oct. 21st.

1:30PM and 7PM on Wednesday Oct. 21st in Long Beach.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Group 1 map for LJ trully sucks. Their logic escapes me...

Agree.

Bet the enviros are looking at it and still wondering why can't they get more closed...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
robmandel

yeah, seems we show up in number, voice our concerns, and they reem us even harder. this is complete nonsense. they could just as easily leave them as limited take areas, SMCA's or whatever the hell the acronym is. and they could accomplish their so-called goals. but we know what they really are.

we ought to make it clear on the 21st that it seems our voices are irrelevant and that it seems the whole pblic thing is a sham. and of course, how in the hell are they going to enforce all these closures. or is the packard foundation gonna hire a private police force too. hell, we're so far in debt, we're damn near a banana republic. what's one more thing.

of course, we can always pay the mordida
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Gino

The KFACA shoulda struck a working deal with the Mafia! :P They know how to get thier voices heard without opening thier mouths! Just dont want to end up like Hoffa!
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #5
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Well, as Tommy says, Group 2 sucks the best, especially for San Diego. We need to support it if we have any chance of a decent outcome.

I sat in on group 3 when they were drawing the final maps at the last meeting. One member couldn't even find San Nicolas Island on the map . That is how clueless some of these people are as they draw closures that will affect our lives. Same with the Dipshit, I mean dipnet issue in that group. That said, not all members of that group are dipnets. One I spoke with at the last meeting pushed for us after we talked to him.

The good news is every single member knows about kayak access issues in north LJ, even if they wanted to step all over us. We should be happy that they did hear us, and we did make some difference. We have to keep doing it.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 09-25-2009 at 08:06 AM.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
rogersmith

this is the most moronic thing I have ever seen in my life. I lived through the striped bass closure on the east coast and they understood one basic rule...FISH SWIM YOU MORONS! The closure, was comprehensive when it was required. And it was based on science. What, do they think the fish will get a copy of their little maps and know where to swim into the colored boxes to avoid being caught? Good lord.
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote