Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Aaron

2.5 day mothership trip

Hello All,

So I was slotted to go on the western outdoors news mothership trip this weekend. Yeah I know, sorry OEX. but the first mothership trip i went on with WON 3 years ago, I walked away with a rod/reel combo from okuma as well as a wilderness systems tarpon 140. Needless to say, i feel a little obligated to be loyal and have been on their charters since. Plus they are a good group of guys.

Anyways, this weekend's trip was cancelled due to weather which has me thoroughly bummed. I've been counting the days to this one. They rescheduled for the end of May but I'm at a conference so can't make it. Had to get a refund.

So I decided to find the silver lining in this cloud... I'm booked every weekend through June except for one weekend...Turns out that weekend corresponds with the 2.5 day that OEX is chartering (May 20-23). Told the wife that if I didn't make this one that I would be bummed until next year. She gave me the quick go ahead (I'm a lucky man) and needless to say, I'm all signed up! Its good when you can find a way to rationalize adding a day onto your trip to your wife.

So anybody else going? I wouldn't mind knowing some names when I get on the boat. My name is Aaron. I'm going to try to talk a friend into going but I'm pretty sure I'll be riding solo. I'll be the guy about 30 with the grin from ear to ear. I know its a month away, but I'm stoked.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
Hunters Pa

I can sympathize. I was the first to sign up on the Lebowitz 6-day in June & it cancelled. So I have a week off in June to fill.

Hmmm......
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Socalrobt

What's up Aaron. I will be going on that trip. I can't wait. I am working on getting all my gear ready to go. See You on the boat.
Socalrobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
Socalrobt

Oh ya my name is Robbie. I have a camo trident 15.
Socalrobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Aaron

If I made up my mind to do that 6 day mothership and it got cancelled, I'd still be in tears. The pictures that I saw from the previous trip just looked epic.

I've been doing gear "refurbishing" and "revamping" the last few weeks. I have a malibu x-factor and decided to redo the wiring and connectors. I also decided to build a new rod while I was waiting for goop to dry. The dining room and garage were both dominated a disaster until a few days ago with getting this stuff together, now it turns out I have another month. Oh well. Looking forward to the 2.5 day. You got any "plan" for the days? Friggin 2 days at clemente on the yak, just stoked.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Hunters Pa

Was thinking of doing multiple days at multiple spots along the coast. - Bu, Cabrillo, Dana & LJ

Also have some stuff to do around the house & want to build a new workbench to facilitate rod wrapping - been doing that off & on for a looooong time. I also have a skiff that I am a little over halfway through rewiring so that needs finished too.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote