Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM   #1
JohnMckroidJr

Revisiting Smartwatches

Initially I bought a FitBit. It sucked. Google bought FitBit, so the new Google watch is similar. I don't like the business model of making one buy a subscription annually to use the better features of the watch. Recently tried the google pixel phone, nice photos but overall sucks as they make it hard to download the photos onto your computer, and constantly send messages trying to get you to buy cloud space. Also recently disappointed that google maps is excluding the nearest Costco off my navigation search and routes me to an alternative store. Makes one wonder how Google is manipulating our web searches!

LOL, ok enough rant off topic. I sold my FitBit and found a Garmin fēnix 7 Sapphire Solar Edition NIB for half price on Offerup. I have been using the fenix 7 for almost 2 years and have liked it. I can track myself offshore without having any dependency on my phone. I don't need to pay for an expensive subscription. I find being able to keep track of my exercise weather it is swimming, running, biking or kayaking motivates me to do more. Thumbs up for Garmin watches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240928_124812.jpg (54.5 KB, 5 views)
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote